I don’t do a lot of Meme’s. I just figure, I’m probably not that interesting. But a few weeks ago I was Tagged for the 7 Things About me meme-thingy by Susie, and just the other day, I was tagged by Gail over at A Nurse Who Knits for the 8 thingy meme. Since Gail just got Engaged!!!! I’ll do the 8 thingy meme and it will satisfy my memeanations for the time being.
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.
- I have a titch of OCD. Mostly, it has to do with small appliances and making sure they are Off. And then making sure they are really OFF. And then checking once again. You know. Before I leave the house to burn down in my absence. This may or may not have something to do with my hubby being a Firefighter and how many houses I’ve seen, um, burnt.
- I don’t have, nor have I ever had, a cavity. I’m 45. Years Old. I did, however, take the flouride as a child. No Cavities. See, it works. I do, however, have a third arm growing out of the middle of my back. But! No! Cavities!
- I acurately predicted the birth date of our first child. 8 months before he was born. When I went into labor on the 14th of December – and we watched the clock pass Midnight, my husband tenderly took my hand and said “why can’t you pick lottery numbers like this????”
- I was a gawky, bony, clumsy child. I was also a gawky, bony, clumsy adolecent. I have surpassed the gawky and the bony, and I am now a plump and roundish, clumsy adult.
- I have royal blood. Seriously. My Great, Great Grandfather was a Vicount. I believe it was only two Great’s. And besides, I cannot be bothered with trivialities as such. After all, I could possibly be a HRK (Her Royal Knitter).
- My eyes used to be dark brown. They are now Hazel. I’ve had to have my Drivers license offically changed to reflect that. (get it, reflect??) I had Lasik 4 years ago, but my hubby insists they were changing before then. I wouldn’t know, since I was effectively blind as a bat, and couldn’t find my own glasses if they moved from their spot on my nightstand. Now – 20/15 vision – Coolio!!
- I have three movies I always watch when I’m sick. Young Frankenstein, The Princess Bride and You’ve Got Mail. As a matter of fact, my husband knows this so well, that if one of those movies is on and I’m not sick? He says we can’t watch it because…..I’m not sick.
- My favorite childhood candies are Sugar Babies, Sugar Daddy’s and Malted Balls. See #4.
I’m not going to go tagging people, because I can’t think anymore after all that memeing. But if you see this, and want to share your thingy’s with us – consider yourself tagged and get typing. So effectively, I am breaking a rule of meme, but I think I will be forgiven, after all, I am at least 1/4 Royalty here. I’m not sure how deluted that gets over the generations, but that’s my story and I’m stickin to it.