Yes, we have a completed pair of socks!!! And they are mine, mine, allllll mine. Thanks SP Tricia! I have almost gotten them identical – with the exception of the toes – which, hey, are a little off, but who looks at ya toes??? I finished these up this afternoon and I’m contemplating – do I sew the baby sweater together? Do I work on the other baby sweater? Do I cast on for the Flower Basket Shawl? Do I cast on the front of NBaT? Now, see NBaT can be put off because I am again losing weight and what’s the rush if it’s not going to fit me now? Good thing I cast on for a size smaller – this way it will fit. As a matter of fact, I’m holding off knitting sweaters for myself right now, because I just don’t know what size to knit. The only exception to that rule may be a cardy – cause I like em big. I’m really tempted to just cast on for the shawl – or another Clappy??? I also have to figure out what knitting will come along with me Camping – probably sockage type stuff. Ok, I really have to finish that one baby sweater before school is out – so that settles that. The sewing on the other baby sweater can wait because it is really big, and I don’t know who is going to get it now. Thanks – you helped me clear that up.
The bathroom is as good as done. All for the re-caulking of the tub, which kinda has to wait till I have a 24 hour time period when no one is going to be taking a shower – like when would that be???? It’s a weird weekend. DH and DS are getting over that cold thing, while I think I may be fighting it off. The weather has been nice – when it isn’t T-storming out – we are getting more thunder now, and it’s beautifully sunny out. Yesterday I ran to target and just as I was parking, lightning was everywhere and once I ran into the store, it rained so hard you could hear it pounding on the roof – I just had to stay and shop till it let up – oh well.
SP5 has sorta started and I’ve heard from my Pal – Hi Pal!!! I will repost that questionaire for ya, and I did update my answers. I also have my pal assignment and they are – HA!!! Thought I was gonna give it away, did ya? I’m hoping to get a parcel out to them before I leave on vacation. Once I find out if I have pet sitters that is – I usually book my kennel in Feb. and this year I waited because we didn’t know what we were doing due to the house addition. Now, no room at the inn. Now, it’s suck up to neighbor time, and beg for favors – I know I can count on them, but I hate having to ask. This is one of the times I wish we had small dogs – the kind you can pack in their own little suitcases and bring along. It would be sooooo much easier and less expensive than boarding.
I’m sooooo glad it’s a three day weekend – and that makes it a short work week too – then we are into the last week of school – yeeeee haaaaa. After my new bruise aquisition last week – I’m looking forward to me being the only reason I get them!!! The eye is fine, BTW from the hairbrush incident. I’m much better now, and not trying to kill myself with hair impliments. Although there was a moment about an hour ago, pre sockage, when I completely lost one of my sock needles!!! Never did that before.
Ah, it’s looking darker and more ominous outside – that rain must be closing in – WTH?
Here’s that Questionaire, dear SP
1.Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Not Really, but I do tend to use Red Hart and Lion brand for crocheting and the more luxurious yarns for knitting – so maybe I am a little snobby after all.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I spin on a Schacht wheel and I’ve been crocheting since I was 4!
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I am allergic to cats, smoke, angora.
4. How long have you been knitting?
I have been knitting for 18 years.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I have a list on Amazon and I post my longings on my blog, too.
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Mulberry, cranberry, subtle scents, I love clean linen by yankee candle
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Oh boy, do I.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I Quilt, Sew, Stained Glass, Spin, Crochet
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have an Ipod Mini and laptop to play music. On my ipod now – U2, Destiny’s Child, Kelly Clarkson, Sting, John Mayer, Nelly Furtado, Dido, Jewel, The Car’s, The B-52’s, I’m very diverse.
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Red is my favorite color to wear, but I love greens, blues
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have two dogs, a lab and lab mix, 3 parrots and Finches. I have a wonderful Husband and two great sons.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Well, besides the obvious healthy happy family etc, my dream is to have my own Yarn shop.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
My Fav’s right now are Koigu, Mountain Colors Bearfoot, and my dream yarn, Lorna’s Laces. I also love handpainted yarn of any type.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Scratchy wool, Or anything that can Melt!
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Clapotis/ Shawls, Socks, Tank Tops, Lace
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Sweaters, scarves, socks, Shawls
17. What are you knitting right now?
Baby gifts, NBaT and comtemplating simple lace patterns.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
They are Ok, but I am preferring shawls.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular or Double Points
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo or wood, and addi’s
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
My Mother in Law
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 years and it will always be so, hate it, gonna Frog it!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Mickey Mouse, Eeyore, and fav bird is a Loon
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Toss up between Thanksgiving & Halloween
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Snowmen and of course YARN!!
27. Knitting magazine subscriptions?
Interweave knits and Rowan
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Ummm not really, I have a bunch of sock books but not much else knitting.
See Amazon wish list – I try to restrain myself, but I want all knitting books. I’m Really into Debbie Bliss right now, and only have “number two”.